Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Tribute to Our Great Friends

Nothing like a night of dying easter eggs and cleaning out our pores.
Weirdo ladies.
Sundance Film Festival.
Mourning our past relationships. :)
The ladies chilling.

DINNER!
Gardener Village
???
Wedding Bells.
My Birthday!


Alright, so most people know that Gary and I have been friends for our whole lives. I moved into his neighborhood when I was 2 years old, and we've been friends ever since. 22 years and counting.

We've worked at many of the same jobs either gas piping, painting cars or delivering mattresses. Well, I was going to go into more detail about the things we've done together, but when I started thinking about it, I think it would be easier to name the things we HAVEN'T done together. Hmmm, okay. I can't think of anything we haven't done together either. I mean, we even share a first name! (my first name is Gary)

Anywho, Gary met this nice young lady named Marci one time. In fact, I was there when they first met. When things started clicking between Gary and Marci we knew Marci was going to be friends with Feli and I for life. Poor Marci didn't really have a choice in the matter. I mean, Gary lived right next to me, and we did pretty much everything together and no female was going to stop us.

Marci has been an awesome sport, putting up with Gary and I. When the weekends roll around, the question isn't "Do you guys wanna do something?" It's more like, "So, what are we doing this weekend?"

Gary and Marci are about to ruin everything and buy a house and be 20 MINUTES AWAY! WHAT? I would be lying if I said I don't feel a little betrayed. If I said I'm not a little hurt. I mean seriously. They're walking straight out of our lives and Feli and I feel helpless.

I just wanted to post a small tribute to our great friendship with the Fifields.

3 comments:

Marci and Gary said...

What a wonderful post! It has everything in it...love, betrayal, action, comedy, adventure and adult content. We love you guys!! sniff sniff

Unknown said...

I would be lying too if I didn't say that the biggest reason we considered not moving is because we would be that much further away from you guys. I mean seriously we always know when the other one is home by just looking out the window to see whose car is there. That might sound creepy, but not so much for a group who does even weirder things in bed on a Saturday night. 10,000 miles from Brazil didn't stop us and nor will 20 min. Thanks again for the tribute.

LisaL said...

Awwww, this post brought me to tears! Two great couples are going to be farther apart from each other, but distance NEVER stops a true friendship. Good luck with your new home Gary and Maci!